Sunday 12 October 2014

Autumnal Lip Picks

As a self-confessed lipstick junkie, I am pretty excited about the upcoming autumn months when we throw out the old corals and baby pinks of summer and welcome some deeper, darker shades. I have to say that the berry lips that we associate with autumn are definitely my favourite lip trend of the year, so I have quite a few favourites that I will be getting a lot of use out of this Fall season.



FROM LEFT TO RIGHT : RIMMEL BY KATE IN 107, MAC DIVA, YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE SHINE IN 17, REVLON LIP BUTTER IN RED VELVET, MAC RUSSIAN RED.

As you've probably guessed by now, like a lot of other makeup wearers around this time of year, it's pretty much all reds and berry tones, which starts off the introduction to my favourite drugstore pick, under the name Rimmel by Kate Matte lipstick in the shade 107. If you're looking for the perfect berry tone which is matte but not overly drying and can be worn just smudged onto the lips for a bitten effect (or just whacked on straight from the bullet to get maximum colour payoff) them this may be the one for you.

I have a few favourites from MAC, who's lipsticks usually excel anyway but the darker shades of theirs are definitely my favourite, particuarly Diva and Russian Red. Both matte finishes, super pigmented and a little on the drying side (nothing a little lip balm underneath can't fix) they are certainly a way to make a statement this autumn.

When I'm looking to treat myself to a bit of a more high end goodie, the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks are certainly my first choice. The one above is in the shade 17 - Rose In Tension, which is a gorgeous deep rosy colour, darker than a nude but a little more subtle than your typical autumn berry.

Finally, another drugstore love are the classic Revlon Lip Butter and the shade Red Velvet is certainly one to be whipping out this time of year -  it's balmy, hydrating feel and instant hit of deep colour is sure to be a winner.


What are your favourite autumn lip picks? X


No comments:

Post a Comment