Sunday 25 January 2015

The Perfect Glossy Nude Lip



As many of you know, one of my biggest struggles makeup-wise is finding a nude lipstick that suits me perfectly - both my hair and skin tone. Most nude lipsticks tend to wash me out and make me look even paler, so I tend to go for the darker lips, so I don't look quite so dead! However, Maybelline Colour Elixirs have changed the game, and I've finally found a nude lip worth rocking.

As a recommendation from the lovely Anna (Viviannadoesmakeup), I thought it would be worth picking it up since it looked so gorgeous on her! The shade of the liquid lipstick range 'Caramel Infused' is a slightly rosey nude that is a gorgeous inbetween brown and pink colour, so it looks fab with pale skin like mine. 

Another thing I love about these Maybelline Colour Elixirs are the formula, they go on like a balm and feel so smooth and buttery on the lips, but unlike most tinted balms, are super long wearing! Also as a liquid lipstick formula, they aren't thick and gloopy like others I've tried, but are just the perfect lipstick-gloss hybrid - I'm excited to try out the rest of the colour range!

As shown on the photo above, the wand is slightly unusual looking but makes for great application, it's almost a heart shape and is big enough to comfortably glide product onto the whole lip, but not too big that you look like Kylie Jenner gone wrong. 

One thing I must say about this is that I'm not the biggest fab of the packaging ; the mirrored silver lid and clear plastic is slightly cheap looking and maybe takes the aestethic appeal away from the great product inside! If you can see past this, this may be the perfect new lip product for you.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I have a similar hair and skin tone to you so I will have to check this out! xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar gloss to this but it's running out so I will look to purchase this one- lovely post xx
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete