Sunday 15 June 2014

Pretty in Pink

Hello all, and today I wanted to write about some of my favourite make up bits and bobs that are perfect for spring and summer, and all go along with the theme of being pink to give your look a real girly feel! I know it sounds a little scary to be wearing a lot of pink as no one really wants to look like a walking marshmallow, but done in a subtle way, pink really is a cute way to go, so enjoy!



Beginning with base, you can just go ahead with your usual foundation and concealer routine as normal, and then using a blush for the pop of pink. My favourites would be Sleek Flamingo that I talked about in my May Favourites, or for a more high end version, I love MAC Well Dressed, which is a gorgeous baby pink shade that I've heard the lovely Tanya Burr mention a time or two! 



For eyes, it's no surprise that I've been using my beloved Urban Decay Naked 3 palette a lot so far this spring, as it is full of Rose-gold, pinky tones that are perfect for adding a delicate touch of pink. My favourite shades are Dust, for all over the lid, Nooner for in the crease and Buzz for a darker, more bronzey shade. Accompanied by lashings of mascara and you're good to go!

As for lips, I have a ton of pink lipsticks that I love, but the two that stand out for me and are pretty similar, both sheer deep pinks are MAC Lustering and a YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 05 Fuchia in Excess. If bolder lips aren't really your thing, a gorgeous nude that I love is L'oreal Collection Privee in Julianne's Nude, which is perfect for pale and redhead gals like me!



Finally, a finishing touch is definitely nails, and as for pinks, you can't really go wrong as there are so many pink nail polishes I own and love to wear, like Barry M Gelly in Dragonfruit and Rose Hip. Dragonfruit is a super cute barbie pink shade perfect for those wanting a brighter nail colour and Rose Hip is a gorgeous pastel baby pink, super subtle but really pretty!



Hopefully you've had a bit of pink-spiration (was that too much cringe, I think so) as I really enjoy wearing a pop of pink, especially recently now that the weather is a bit nicer and it means my makeup can go from a darker lip to more fresh looking and glossy! Until next time x

4 comments:

  1. The l'oreal lipstick in juliane's nude is my favourite lipstick! It's soooo nice xxx
    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fab post liv!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the l'oreal nude lipsticks - I have the Cheryl one and I think it looks so pretty for summer. I bought Rose hip for my bestfriend for her birthday and I have wanted it ever since aaah. I also really love the mac blush you mentioned - it is sooooo gorgeous. Loved this post:-)xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post just looks lovely - the pictures are gorgeous! Loved reading it :) I recently just got the first Naked palette and I'm in love - hoping to add 2 & 3 into my collection soon! xxx

    http://blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete