Monday 26 May 2014

Duty Free Haulin'

Hello alll, it is thankfully May half term and as some of you may know I am currently relaxing in the gorgegous Fethiye in Turkey, soaking up all the lovely sunshine before going back to school next week, eugh. Just as a warning, I'm sure there will be many photos of this on my instagram or maybe here very soon - who knows! 
 
But before actually entering this beautiful country, I popped into the Duty Free shop at the airport and did a little bit of spending as I had a few things on my wish list that I wanted to pick up, and ended up saving over £12 with the three bits I purchase there, so there was almost no excuse not to!



Firstly, as a keen watcher of Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup on YouTube, I noticed her talking about and using a lip product that looked pretty cool, which was the Dior Addict Lip Glow. It is in the form of a lipstick, but is in fact a balm that reacts with the chemical balance in your skin (or something like that, I'm no scientist!) and turns your lips to a unique shade of pink - different on every skin tone! I love the colour it gives off on me, usually a deep rosy colour that looks like your lips but more plump and just healthy looking, if there is such a thing! Yes, it is kind of a gimmick, and at £23.50 ( I got it for less at the airport, around £19) it could be seen as paying too much for what it is, but it's a gimmick that WORKS. Not to mention the beautiful packaging - who knew pink plastic casing could look so sophisticated.





I also picked up an old favourite of mine that I'd be meaning to repurchase for a while now, which is the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, in NC15. This is probably my favourite foundation of all time, it's pretty full coverage without looking cakey and has the perfect balance between matte and dewy. There's a shade for everyone and although it doesn't come with a pump, you can pick one up separately. The only negative I have about this foundation though is the smell, it does smell quite strongly of paint which I noticed the first time I wore it, but you'll soon get used to it and it isn't bad enough to put me off loving the foundation!





Finally, and probably my favorite of the 3 comes from YSL, and it's another one of their Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks in the shade 05 Fuschia in Excess. I already own one of these luxurious lippies in 17 Rose in Tension, so I knew I would just love this one, which is a perfect deep yet bright pink, which I'm so excited to wear for the spring and summer months! At first swipe, they're quite sheer but can be built up to a beautiful, rich colour that is creamy and long lasting! I particuarly love wearing it with my Tanya Burr lipgloss in the shade Heart Skipped a Beat (a similar pink with a slight shimmer) 





Hopefully I will be able to test these out a bit more on my holiday, and maybe upload some posts about this beautiful country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment